2006/04/30

At The End Of The Day

2006.04.21 2:57

I worked 8 hours today as was usual. I visited Slado tonight, SassyOS2, NoGoodslash..., cyber205, oddmake are Japanese Slashdotters in which cyber205, and NoGoodslash...are a regular contributer. As opposed to numerous entries from other countries, the number of members from Japan is still small.
I have noticed I am not keen on latest world movement. I work very hard, but I don't want to attribute my lack of common knowledge in the current world to the lack of free time as a result of this hard work, but sadly I must say it's true, I have no time to browse 'even' the latest news. This vicious circle already affects so badly over all ourselves.
List all Journal entries
At The End Of The Day Preferences Top 3 comments Search Discussion
Display Options Threshold: -1: 3 comments 0: 3 comments 1: 3 comments 2: 2 comments 3: 0 comments 4: 0 comments 5: 0 comments Flat Nested No Comments Threaded Oldest First Newest First Highest Scores First Oldest First (Ignore Threads) Newest First (Ignore Threads) Save:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
I rarely find that national news matters to me(Score:2)
by Degrees (220395) * <degrees AT comcast DOT net> on 2006.04.21 11:16 (#15170167) (http://slashdot.org/~Degrees/journal Last Journal: 2006.04.19 12:51)
I rarely find that national news matters to me. I do however, use an RSS feed from my local newspaper to keep up with local news.
And I visit the /. front page to skim the article headlines.
--Define the finite space of spelling definitely - no A exists there
[ Reply to This ]
Re:I rarely find that national news matters to me(Score:1)
by mercedo (822671) * on 2006.04.22 0:51 (#15174043) (http://mercedo-compl.../2006/04/zen-ya.html Last Journal: 2006.04.28 3:11)
Before the advent of the Internet era, the lifestyle of almost all Japanese people were similar. They work from 9 to 7 and at home they watch the same TV program. They read the same newspaper. They were talking about the same social topic, hold the similar opinion. Always say we Japanese think, believe, act, not I. We had been feeling very secured when we put ourselves in this group psychology. They rarely thought they act because it is right. Everybody does, therefore I do. They didn't care whether it is right, or not. Our mentality was so simplified as if they ceased thinking that nobody wasn't willing to take responsibility for their act, nothing but their act. According to their criteria, they do because everybody does so.
I was one of the very few renegades in such an era. But I didn't change my lifestyle. I had been keeping my lifestyle though it was opposite to majority of Japanese people.
Time has passed. Things have been changing drastically these ten years. Preferences of people have been just diversified so we no more point out someone is different from others. People nowadays prefer to live according to their preferences. People are different essentially.
Japan's society has been changing. But in comparison to American society, still it's very conventional.
Twenty years ago I was much more particular about what Prime Minister said about national politics in a newspaper than what my friend said about politics. Now what Degree said about politics is much more worthy of than what one unknown critic said in a TV show.
Thank you for befriending NoGoodsla..., I feel deep gratitude to you on his behalf. I think it surely encourages him.
--Ancient Greek Philosophers -18c Enlightenment Thinkers -Slashdotters
[ Reply to This Parent ]
Re:I rarely find that national news matters to me(Score:2)
by Degrees (220395) * <degrees AT comcast DOT net> on 2006.04.22 4:19 (#15176161) (http://slashdot.org/~Degrees/journal Last Journal: 2006.04.19 12:51)
I do like reading Journal Entries and associated comments more than I like broadcast media. Particularly, I like the fact that people from (sometimes wildly) different viewpoints can post their ideas. Once in a while, I add my own opinion; but often, I just read other people's opinion.
--Define the finite space of spelling definitely - no A exists there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home